St. David’s Foundation Community Fund established the St. David’s Neal Kocurek Scholarship to honor the vision and community spirit of its longtime CEO. A natural mentor, Kocurek was an advisor to many Austin school superintendents and educators. The scholarships are awarded to students who exemplify Neal Kocurek’s leadership and commitment to community. Financial need and scholastic merit will be considered in the review process. We have awarded 616 Neal Kocurek scholarships since the program’s inception in 2005, and 47 were awarded in 2020.
St. David's Neal Kocurek Scholarships are for:
- High school seniors graduating from Travis, Hays, Williamson, Bastrop, or Caldwell counties
- Students pursuing health professions
- Up to $7,500 per year for up to four years undergraduate at Texas colleges and universities and up to four years of graduate studies and/or medical school, and up to $4,000 a year at Texas community colleges
- Expenses such as tuition, fees, books and medical supplies
- Financial need considered in the application process. Proof of family income is required.
The scholarship is for students interested in pursuing human health professions, including but not limited to: Biomedical Engineering, Dentistry, Radiation Oncology, Nursing, Optometry, Clinical Laboratory Technology.